Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tzfat, Ein Yael and more!

We enjoyed a wonderful Shabbat in Tzfat. My mommy said it was the Yahrzeit of the ARI (Rabbi Isaac Luria), so that made it extra special. I spent a lot of time playing with my new friend, Miriam. Her mom owned the apartment we stayed in.
Yesterday we went to a cool place with animals. I LOVE animals! Here's Isaac and Jonah with the "asses"
Here I am with peacocks, peahens and peachicks walking around freely behind me
I also saw sheep:
...and goats:
Today we went to Jerusalem. We went to a place called Ein Yael that has re-creations of things from ancient times.
We got long sticks of bamboo to make a pan flute:
We cut the bamboo into pieces and tied it together to make our pan flutes:

Here what the flute looks like when it is done:
I also wove this cool thing out of natural wool string that was dyed colors made from natural sources:
Ein Yael was a really cool place to visit!

Tonight is the start of Tisha B'Av, the saddest day in the Jewish calendar, commemorating many tragedies for the Jewish people, including the destruction of the first and second Temple in Jerusalem. I will write more another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment